In GymSales you can set up SMS campaigns to targeted groups of people using the Bulk SMS feature on the People tab. This allows you to save time by messaging all recipients at once rather than individually, and also allows you to measure results of your campaign using the built-in reports in GymSales.
On the People tab, you can click Refine List to apply filters that allow you to segment your database by specific criteria, allowing you to target your SMS campaign to the right audience. You can choose to send a Bulk SMS out immediately, or you can schedule it to be sent at a later date and time.
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to send a Bulk SMS.
1. Navigate to the 'People' tab.
2. Use the Refine list option to segment your list of recipients. Click "Done" to close the filters. You will then see the list of eligible recipients. You are only able to send a Bulk SMS to people who have a mobile phone number on file and who are opted in for SMS messaging.
3. You can use the checkboxes on the left to remove certain people from the recipient list. Once you are happy with your recipient list, click 'Send SMS'.
4. Complete the required fields. For details on each field, please refer to the explanations at the bottom of this article.
5. Click the checkbox to confirm before hitting Send.
6. You can review the status of your campaign in the Bulk SMS report.
You can also navigate here via GymSales Reports under More > Bulk SMS:
If you need to cancel the campaign, you can do so here on this page, provided the campaign status is still "Waiting". If you need to make edits to a campaign, you must cancel it, then repeat steps 1-5 above to resend the message.
We also recommend reading up on our Bulk SMS Best Practices to Avoid Spam Filtering as well to help you maximize your campaigns' effectiveness.
Explanation of Bulk SMS Fields
Name of the SMS campaign used to track in reporting
Insert any pre-created Templates to create your bulk SMS
Enter text here if not using templates
Insert Merge Field:
A place holder that will be personalized for each recipient. Names are commonly used so that the recipient of the message will have a personalized greeting. For example: "Hello [person.first_name]" instead of "Hello There".
You can choose to send the message now or schedule it to be sent at a later date
- Bulk SMS is a premium add-on feature. For more information or to enable this for your account, please contact [email protected].