A critical component of any successful email campaign is email hygiene! Ensuring your emails are being delivered to all members and leads is a top priority. To help you maintain good list hygiene, we will suppress email addresses that cannot be verified.
What is Email Suppression?
|unknown_provider||The MX (mail exchange) provider is an unknown provider.|
|no_mx / No MS host found||The recipient domain does not have a valid MX host. Note: this reason will be consolidated to only “no_mx” in the future.|
|high_risk_domain||Information obtained about the domain indicates it is high risk to send email to.|
|subdomain_mailer||The recipient domain is identified to be a subdomain and is not on our exception list. Subdomains are considered to be high risk as many spammers and malicious actors utilize them.|
|immature_domain||The domain is newly created based on the WHOIS information.|
|tld_risk||The domain has a top-level-domain (TLD) that has been identified as high risk.|
|mailbox_does_not_exist||The mailbox is undeliverable or does not exist.|
|mailbox_is_disposable_address||The mailbox has been identified to be a disposable address. Disposable address are temporary, generally one time use, addresses.|
|mailbox_is_role_address||The mailbox is a role based address (ex. support@…, marketing@…).|
|catch_all||The validity of the recipient address cannot be determined as the provider accepts any and all email regardless of whether or not the recipient’s mailbox exists.|
|long_term_disposable||The mailbox has been identified as a long term disposable address. Long term disposable addresses can be quickly and easily deactivated by users, but they will not expire without user intervention.|
|failed custom grammar check||The mailbox failed our custom ESP local-part grammar check.|
What are the Benefits of Email Verification?
A clean email list is a critical component of any email campaign, and aside from making sure your messages are being delivered to your members and leads, there are a number of benefits.
- Improved campaign stats – Removing invalid emails will make your campaign statistics more accurate. This includes lowering the bounce rates of your emails and enhancing conversion rates.
- Better sender reputation – This is a score that an Internet Service Provider assigns to organizations that send emails. A higher score will increase the likelihood of email deliverability into an in box instead of being sent to spam.
- Saving money – By removing invalid emails, you will lower the mailing costs associated with Bulk Email campaigns.
How will I Know if an Email Address is Suppressed?
On the member or lead's profile, the following information will indicate if an email address has been suppressed.
- It will contain a message explaining why the email was suppressed.
- The email address will be flagged as Email Suppressed.
- A corresponding note will be displayed in the member or lead’s History.
An example is shown below.